Saturday, September 26, 2009

MV Doulos

The MV Doulos is the world's oldest active ocean-faring passenger ship. She is now owned by the German charity Gute Bücher für Alle (English: Good Books for All), and is used as a floating bookshop. The ship has previously been known as the SS Medina, the SS Roma, and the MV Franca C. (2009, Wikipedia)



The reason why I'm in the news again is that, I was beside Johor's Sultan sister. Her Majesty's name is too long and I don't remember (it is way too long that I felt adding another word to better describe 'long', I only knows that she a royalty from the Iskandar family. She gave me a new look as being a Royalty, most Royalty are well mannered, not to said that she has no manner, rather, she is quite a modern, polite, casual yet energetic middle-old-age lady, like a 'orang putih', a modern CEO, that is our impression to her. The way gave gave us the speech, speechless..., I think the news editors gonna be busy editing the video, too many gesture, too many thingy winky. The reason I was on the ship is because, my boss is one of the committee of the arrival of the ship this time round, and in Pasir Gudang.

There are some photos from my phone. the bookstore is not interesting, only the photos from the cook books caught our attention so much to allowed us to almost sink the ship. What's interesting is the life of a volunteer in the ship.







We were bought by a beautiful South African lady named Kaiser, Mary-Lou Kaiser. Yup, Kaiser, She is white, and she is a German descent, aged 26. There are a lot of youngster in the ship, from all across the globe, one of my colleague keep shouting "Lengzai, lengzai!", she is a indian anyway.

It is a good way to escape from everything (not including your life, you may include it if you want to) in the ship. I has already approached someone so become a volunteer with me since it is so fun living in the ship. The duration for being a volunteer in the ship are 2 weeks, 2 months and 2 years. If you are interested to be a volunteer and sail with the ship, you can check out this website for more information about the ship http://mvdoulos.org/.



#0010

No comments: